Say Something Nice Day was created to have a positive impact on others through compliments or favors by Dr. Mitch Carnell, who is the author of Say Something Nice: Be a Lifter at Work. Mayor Keith Summey of North Charleston, South Carolina proclaimed June 1 as Say Something Nice Day to recognize Dr. Mitch Carnell’s work.
How can my business celebrate Say Something Nice Day?
- Use #SaySomethingNiceDay to post on social media.
- Write personal notes to your employees complimenting them on a job well done
- Encourage your employees to donate some of their time or items to a charity
- Have your employees write anonymous compliments to each other, which you could read aloud.
- Host a company lunch where employees can communicate freely about their lives outside of work